Cycle of Life

I have been reading Grampa Jim's "Straightening Out the Record" and Granny's "Portraits" to my 2-month-old son Ezra.
He makes a very serious look while I read as if he senses how important the words are to me.

I can't wait for him to age and become curious about his great grandparents and explore all of their mysterious and curious writings in our bookshelf.

I can't wait to answer all his questions and tell them how fabulous they were.

I can't wait to see him do something one day and see a distinct bit of Gran shinning through.

I can't wait for Bob to tell the story over dinner for the 20th time of Grampa Jim making us a divine little meal of spam and potatoes.

I especially can't wait for this first holiday season with Ezra and share with him the spirit of my Grandparents who I remember making Christmas so wonderful for me and my brother for so many years.

I am so grateful that Jim and Phyllis left so much of themselves to be passed on through many generations.

Gran and Jim...I love you both so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dad died September 13....